FEMA 10 FLOOD FACTS
FEMA says that everyone needs to be equip with the knowledge of these 10 flood facts. Most if not all people live within a flood zone. The best prevention is planning. Each household should be prepared for a flood in the same capacity they prepare for house fires.
1. In the United States, floods are the top natural disaster affecting Americans and responsible for causing billions of USD in damages each year.
2. FEMA reports the all 50 states have been touched by flood waters in the past 5 years.
3. In Flood Zones, otherwise high risk areas your home is most likely to suffer damages from floods over fire.
4. Hurricanes, winter storms and snowmelt are common causes of flooding. Recent land developments also have a potential to increase flood risk due to possible changes in natural runoff paths.
5. Flash floods are known to consist of 10 to 20+ feet of raging walls of water.
6. Vehicles can become immobilized or even carried away in as little as 2 feet of water.
7. Homes are being damaged and costs are potentially in the tens of thousands of USD in just a few inches of water.
8. The majority of homeowners insurance does not cover flood damage. You need to ensure you obtain flood insurance.
9. $4 Billion dollars a year in damages were claimed due to flood between 2003 and 2012.
10. The only way you are able to acquire flood insurance is if your community participates in the National Flood Insurance Program.
floodsmart.gov for more information.
Leave a Reply.
All Rights Reserved, Copyright © 2012 - 2022 Survival Extreme Catalog Inc. All Rights Reserved, Copyright © 2012 - 2022 Survival Trek Escape. All Rights Reserved, Copyright © 2012 - 2022 Survival Talk Radio.